STS-Summer I

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Gift - chapter one

Science is a really awesome gift. And, like so many other gifts that we have been blessed with, it has also had it's share of corruption. On top of the corruption; however, it has also been attached, litterally, by groups of people who have been trying to undermine the meanings and discoveries with falshoods or claims that benefit them personally instead of humanity. This chapter said a lot of things that were new to me. I had no idea that science could be taken advantage of like that. I still had high hopes that it was one of the remaining pure things in life. I guess I will have to go sit on an empty hill side to find pure nature. But even the hill sides are being swalled up by sprawl (sprawl = bad). I'm glad there are signs of hope later in the chapters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home