STS-Summer I

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why We Fight

Unbelievable.  This film clearly explained and gave information where I was clueless.  I'm grateful that this film wasn't of the genre of Michael Moore, but rather simply put the information out there.  

I was not aware of so many details.  I am almost in shock.  I grew up military, and so a love for this country was ingrained in me from an early age, but I must question some of our actions over the past 70 years.  Now don't get me wrong, I love this country.  I could not imagine living anywhere else.  However, this film has raised several questions.

I've always said that every memorable leader has had their war/conflict.  And even though I was a Bush supporter, I quickly predicted that we were going to go to war (This was before 9/11) with someone based on his foreign-relations policy.  However, I never understood why we adopted that policy of conflict?  But after seeing this film, I almost want to say that our policy, before 9/11, was to create animosity to give us a justification for our military, and create an opportunity to flex our military muscle.  9/11 gave us the justification to flex the full might of our military muscle, and justify why our vast military is needed.  Once again, don't get me wrong, I was in full support of the war.  And everyone I talked to was in support of the war.  However, the war shifted from Osama to Saddam and Iraq.  I did miss that shift in focus, and in retrospect, it was a brilliant move by our government to ride the war wave, and continue showing our military might to the world.  Shame on us!!!!

I think I'll end right here by saying what an enlightening film.  Thanks so much for requiring it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home