STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Paper 2 proposal

I knew I forgot something yesterday ;-p

Having spent last night working on my first paper, I feel almost unable to come up with anything different from my general theme for the first one. However, I'd like to focus on one of the movies that I discuss in my first paper, Terry Gilliam's "Brazil." This is like "1984" but played for laughs (there's still some serious evil going on, but the film has a lighter take on totalitarianism, if that's possible). Specifically, I want to discuss the aspects of the film that apply to our modern times, and the ways in which the film addresses those issues (specifically consumerism, terrorism, and the control of the state in times of uncertainty).

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger T. F. said...

Trevor, this sounds interesting but huge. Could you tell me a bit more about how you can focus your paper? Otherwise you'll end up writing me a book. ;-)

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger 1minutefilmreview said...

We loved 'Brazil' too. Should watch few more times then write your paper we guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home