STS-Summer I

Monday, June 04, 2007

STS Proposal

I am wanting to look at how the introduction of film has affected student life, espeically Enligh majors, and the ways in which they must now approach not only the literary medium but also the visual medium. This is evidenced by the requirement of English majors to take a Film Introduction class at Clemson and also the importance now being placed on not only analyzing the literary but also being able to properly analyze (and I would argue "read") a visual image. With the growing film medium and the ever growing amounts of visual reliant technology moving into the classrooms, a collaborative learning environment between film and literature is now a must where in the past it was merely laughed at as an impossibility.

I hope this topic is fine. I have found a lot of sources and (being a film minor) I am really interested in the topic of film and literature. Again, I am really sorry that the email never made it to you. I am actually a little worried about the paper coming up and sending it in via-email so I may be sending you a few emails over the next few days just to make sure it is working ok if that is fine. Thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home