STS-Summer I

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Sexual Evolution

This chapter had a very interesting spin on the Darwinistic Survival of the Fittest. The author would seem to propose that the fittest may have been the "sexier". As much of a stretch as his argument is, it actually makes a lot of sense. The example of the similarity between humans and chimps was a good one. Yes they are 97% the same but unless you are a perverted beasiality craving psycho, humans and chimps will never mate. Don't get me wrong they are cute in their own way but I prefer a girl with not as much hair on their body.

I thought it was hilarious when the author pointed out that humans will have sex no matter how ugly the partner. How many times have you made jokes about the skinny guy with the obese girl or how the girl keeps getting hotter with the more drinks you consume? (and yes I have even been guilty of the second) So the fact that not every species is like that very well could result in the extinction of the Neandertals. You cannot help the preferences or sexual habits of different species no matter how closely related they are, so I say let the chimps slap each other around and wait for that swollen butt and let me keep watching Baywatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home