STS-Summer I

Monday, May 26, 2008

Chapter 2 Response- Shattered Skies

Having taken several history courses in college already, this article truly enlightened me on much of the missing technological history that fueled so many changes. It enabled me to fill in the blanks. For instance, it is several of the technological advances that Darksyde mentions (especially James Watt's steam engine) that led to the growing popularity and even necessity of cities and the subsequent end of the feudal system. These changes began the industrial era. I was also interested in what Darksyde had to say about the Clear Skies Act of 2003, having heard of the bill in passing on the news. I never realized the bill was a step backward rather than forward.

I also must admit that at the beginning of the article, while amused, I had no idea what connection the writer was attempting to convey about soda and canon balls. It is impressive how the article came full circle after covering such a wealth of material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home