STS-Summer I

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chapter 1 - The Gift that Keeps on Giving

This chapter was extremely conflicting for me.  As a former engineering major, the methodology described in the early parts of chapter 1 was both familiar and refreshing.  However, as a Christian I was angered by Darksyde's sentiments towards anyone who accepts or believes anything by faith.  A good portion of the latter half of chapter 1 was devoted to devaluing any form of information that is gained by "unscientific" means, especially religion sources.

As an analytical person, I understand the logic of methodology.  However, as a Christian I understand the power of faith.  I understand that science cannot explain everything.  However, because I've seen so many instances where science was proven wrong.  I cannot accept methodology as the only means of finding truth. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home