STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dr. Strangelove

My BF gave me an unintended hint on the ending of the movie. When I asked him if he had Dr. Strangelove, he said, "Oh, you mean 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb'?" I spent the entire movie trying to figure out that second title and was so happy when I guessed it right. It's funny, because that means that even a movie like Dr. Strangelove has this imphasis on reproduction like Handmaid did (I promise, I'm not obsessed with that theme or anything, it just keeps coming up) but it's a lot funnier in Strangelove because the guys get that goofy-happy look when they learn that they'll need 10 girls per guy. I was a bit slow picking up on the fact that Dr. Strangelove's arm was a prosthetic. It is sad how many of our great technologies we got by taking in German Nazi scientists... I wonder how long it would have taken us to come up with them without the war. The atomic bombs set to music were pretty in a surreal sort of way because you never saw the damage that they do to the land and to people, just the veiw from the clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home