STS-Summer I

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dr. Strangelove

I actually couldn't get the movie, but I read the entire script.
There is a nuclear bomb that if untriggered will automaically detonate and the world would be bare of plant and animal life within weeks. Dr. Strangelove has an idea that they could use a computer to accept certain characteristics of people. These several hundred thousand people (including military personnel) would live deep enough under ground to be safe for 100 years of the after-effects of the nuclear bomb. It is amazing they would completely rely on a computer to choose their human race legacy. The human race would continue based entirely on the technology of a computer.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger T. F. said...

Natalie,

You really should try to see it. It is very different, I believe, as a movie, and I can't imagine the dark humor comes through as well. I appreciate you reading the script, but if you can, please do see it. I think you'll like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home