STS-Summer I

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chapter 18

This was a very interesting read and I learned a few things I didn't know. I had never heard about the redshift, although at one point I had heard that the fuzz on the TV is the big bang. It was quite interesting to get the specifics and details of how this data is interpreted and how the thought process developed. I was aware of some of the details of astronomy, but it's always eye opening when it's thrown back in your face how massive the universe is and how minuscule our existence is in this vast, and ever growing universe. The point of this article is not about astronomy, but how being short sighted can blind us of our surrounding and how this world really works. He's saying that there is nothing wrong with religion, and many great discoveries can back up these ideas, but using religion as an excuse to be blind to great discoveries is unacceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home