STS-Summer I

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

External Techology on Internal Life

The personal computer is a technology that has a huge effect on my internal life. I can communicate with people through email or instant messaging. I can take online courses and not even have to go to school or even get dressed. The personal computer can even entertain me with games or reading material. It has changed everything that I do. I don’t have to watch the news and wait for the right time for it to come on. I can just look up the latest news and weather when I feel like it. If I want to travel, I can book a flight and a hotel, or I can also print out directions and not worry about taking a map and trying to figure out what signs to look for on a piece of paper with a million roads and highways on it. The best thing is, I can shop and pay online for my merchandise. I can handle all my banking online. I am reminded of my bills online and I don’t have to sift through the mail. I don’t have to write checks or buy postage stamps every month. All these things have made a huge impact on my internal life and there are many more that I am probably not aware of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home