STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Response to Chapter 18

Once again, we're back at the subject of outer space and the issues that are presented with it. The hyperlink at the beginning of the chapter with the astronauts of Apollo 8 reading Genesis of the Bible was cool. The text itself we have heard a million times, but the piece of history that was involved was awesome. When Darksyde started talking about Hubble, I knew exactly what direction the reading was heading. I've constanly heard of the Hubble Telescope and all the benefits of it. Subject such as the spectroscopy and the Doppler effect has been a constant subject that I have heard about in my past science classes. From my science classes, I also remember the supernova from 1987, that I wish I could have been able to see it and remember it. Since it was so far away, 168,000 light years, it's kinda crazy that it is beating out the ideas of young earth creationism. Still, it's not enough to change my religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home