STS-Summer I

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Chapter 17

I think that the most amazing portion of this reading was the part about Ocracoke Island off of the coast of North Carolina. I have never heard of this wondrous island. I guess I’m just one of the many people don’t venture out like Sumner would like. I think that the law for development to prevent it from becoming another Roanoke Island is understandable. Of course, the want to conserve the natural beauty of the city without tainting it with today’s tourism expectations. However, I do agree with Sumner that it is possible that they can complete mess up the greatness of the island if they are not careful. I find it hilarious that this can be done with one water system failing. Also, I liked how Sumner tied this reading to Playing Chicken with the Apocalypse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home