STS-Summer I

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Big Picture

In chapter 18, The Big Picture, many things were discussed that amazed me. The time frame in which all of the discoveries were made seem so recent compared to the rest of history. I am so amazed everytime that I see the science behind us learning the distances to places in space. I try to imagine having the ability to discover sometime so important. So much of this world has been defined by these types of discoveries. This chapter was so much different than the others in the book. This seem to be a look into the hopeful future but I have a feeling he could find a way to make it a doomsday chapter if he wanted. I was waiting for him to start to say that the sun, our star, was going to go super nova tomorrow or something. I really did learn a lot of interesting facts and was glad to not be reminded of the eventual end to our race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home