STS-Summer I

Monday, June 23, 2008

Serenity

I think this movie was kind of hard to understand if you hadn’t seen any of the Firefly series beforehand and because of that it was a little difficult to follow. Other than that though, I really enjoyed the movie. The concept of a Wild West in outer space was really interesting to me. It was an interesting combination that I think they pulled off really, really well.

One of the major things that I noticed with it is the fact that when science is used in an irresponsible way, such as the way it was used on River or the way it was used on the planet Miranda, it can have detrimental consequences. While it is true that on Miranda, the Alliance had good intentions, it is hard to condone what they did because it seemed as if they jumped into this “solution” to rid the world of sin without really considering the consequences. There needs to be accountability for those who pursue these dangerous theories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home