STS-Summer I

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chapter 18 - The Big Picture

I've always viewed science as the means for gaining insight on how God created the world.  So this e-book, which some can easily view as a diatribe against creation, is an interesting read.  Simply because it is enlightening me on some of the mysteries of our world.  But it does not make me question my faith in God, but only marvel in his creations.  

I guess the point of this chapter was to put in perspective our significance in the universe.  And remind us that we should be thankful for the lives we have, and "... feel science is worthy of our responsible stewardship, and for a lot more reasons than the production of nifty new gadgets."

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger T. F. said...

Just FYI, from my perspective, the book isn't anti-god or religion at all.

If it makes a direct commentary on religion at all (which I'm not entirely sure it does) the way I read its message is that science and religion operate in different spheres, and that in order to solve scientific/physical world problems, you need scientific/physical world information and solutions. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home