STS-Summer I

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Picture



I decided to post an image that I took while traveling abroad rather than an image of myself. This image was taken as a study of the architecture of Amsterdam and the photography of Bill Brandt. I feel like it represents me well because of the odd shapes and stark contrasts. (Odd shapes in character... people often refer to me as being very random.) The photograph that I was trying to mimic with this one was Bill's Famous Nude. The contrast is so high that proportions are detail are almost completely lost, yet she (the nude in the photograph) is beautiful and interesting. I feel very connected to this picture.

I grew up home schooled by my loving parents along side my two awesome brothers. I was born in MD, but moved to Charleston when my dad's job changed. Homeschooling is a great way to learn and grow in religion, especially when my family is Jewish.

I posted more about the image on my Euro blog.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger T. F. said...

I like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home