STS-Summer I

Sunday, May 25, 2008

CH 1: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

I really enjoyed this chapter. I think it actually proved science to be something that isn't so IMPOSSIBLE. I know as a nursing major that science can be a pretty tough subject, but as this chapter proves, science is as easy as a 4-step process. With any problem, from it being a burnt out light bulb to a claim that space curves around matter, creating an observation, hypothesis, test, and conclusion helps to create a logical answer. I also enjoyed the claim in this chapter that "you cannot eliminate something completely unknown". "You cannot rule out magic, supernatural or the Divine." I have always been a firm believer that anything can happen and reading about this confirms my belief. I truely think that anything is possible and nothing should be rule out.

I also learned from this chapter that science can be very flexible. Science is constantly changing because everyday something new is learned. Everything is constantly being tested and proven in science. This also helps to show how possible science really is. You can better understand processes and claims even if you don't fully understand the science because they are always tested. I don't think science is ever a solid fact because of its ability to always change. The peer reviews mentioned in this chapter also go to show how easily changed science can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home