STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Playing Chicken with the Apocalypse

When Mark Sumner brought up partying like it’s 1999, it brought back so many memories. I remember hearing all of the rumors claiming that the world was going to come to the end and that there would be a major blackout. I also remember when it did not happen. I loved how Sumner used the metaphors “tides” and “ripples” to illustrate what he truly means.
For my second paper, I plan to discuss c heap energy and the pros and cons about popular hydrogen-fuelled cars. It was interesting that Sumner brought that topic up; I do not plan going as far as he did regarding the end of the world, but I do plan on discussing the end of cheap energy. After completing a lot of research, I found that Richard Heinberg had a point. After reaching that place that cheap energy no longer exists, what will we do? When we get there, it would be too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home