STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ender's Game

I love this book! I read this book in middle school for the accelerated readers program at my school. Although, I had to re-read it in order to refresh my memory, I still loved it. I am the oldest of all of the girls in my family. I know that constantly the youngest feels intimidated by both the middle sister and me. However, I was never evil to her the way that Peter was to Ender. The point is that every baby of the family has big shoes to fill. But if my youngest sister is more talented than I was at that age, I would not to hate her for it. Ender could not help is talent, and although his brother hated him with a passion, he had Valentine as a support system. All the obstacles that Ender overcame were outstanding. He had patience and compassion when it was not necessary. I felt so bad that he ended up murdering the bully and Bonzo. He did not understand why his talent was used against him. Ender knew who he was, but never wanted his negative side to come out. It was great to know that at the end, he shows his strongest characteristic, compassion, in order to repay his debt to the buggers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home