STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Weblog Question

I think society doesn't really keep up with science and technology issues for a couple of reasons, but I feel like the two main ones are the fact that they don't care or the issues are way over their heads. Many people will buy the newest gadget when it comes out, but they really don't care how it was made, how many gigabytes is has, and other things along those lines. Certain people just don't care about certain issues, such as politics, etc., and I think science and technology fall under that category. I really didn't even think about it much myself before this class. Obviously, part of the reason people don't care is because they can't understand many of the concepts. This brings to mind our older generation that can't use computers. I have gotten through high school and college with the use of one, but my dad doesn't even know how to turn one on. If people don't understand things, they will sometimes give up and just become apathetic. I've tried to teach my dad how to get on the Internet a number of times, but he eventually just got frustrated and gave up. Ultimately, science and technology issues aren't important to many people because they cannot grasp the concepts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home