STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sustaining Life/Stephen Hawking

According to Stephen Hawkings the only way that the human race is going to be able to survive is if we can find a way to create sustainable life on other planets. According to Hawkings it is becoming more and more likely that a disaster will destroy earth, and that if we can manage to stay alive for one hundred more years then we will be able to create space settlements elsewhere that can survive without earth. While I think that Hawkings ideas about creating colonies in space is very cool, I tend to agree more with the other scientists quoted in the article. I feel like colonizing on other planets is unlikely to happen in my lifetime, and is still pretty far off. I also think that it is more likely that people will look for answers closer to home, like the base under Antarctica, before they start looking to space for the solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home