STS-Summer I

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer 07 Inner life

I've been trying really hard to think about how technology influences my inner life and I keep comming up blank except for one thing: My knowledge base. Between the internet, music CDs, DVDs, television, books, and such the pool of knowledge that is ready at my fingertips is huge compared to the knowledge pool that I'd have access to if I were a wandering, pre-historic nomad or something like that. Technology outside of me changes what I can access to suck up inside of me. That's probably the biggest thing that it does to my inertnal world. It gives me more things to play with in my fantasies and daydreams.

Technology also makes my life easier and gives me more free time to do the things that I really enjoy... many of which use technology too, like surfing the net, rollarblading, going to the movies, etc. But I wonder if without it, I'd just find other things to enjoy, like building sand castles with my hands or listening to oral stories past down from the elders in a tribe or something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home