STS-Summer I

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Last off-ramp before Armageddon

In chapter 16, I was surprised that the authur was not completely pesimistic. I do not think that he is right about the combination of man and computer but do understand why he says this. The combination of man and computer would end our race and humans are way to stuburn to end itself. The fact that we build bombs and weapons of mass destruction to protect us from other nations seems to me as an indicatpor that we will defend our indepence not give it up to a computer. People do not like to depend solely on anything or anyone because we know that problems can occur with machines at a drop of a hat. The risk of viruses I think will be viewed as the computer's veapon of mass destruction and I think we are smart enough to stay clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home