STS-Summer I

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Handmaid's Tale Response #1

The Handmaid’s Tale frightened me to death! I do not understand how these women went through this, although, they did not really have a choice, unless they wanted to be an unwoman. It’s really sad because in reality, there are women on the other side of the world that are living lives that are very similar to what the handmaids go through. Most women want to be respectable, honest living people like the handmaids. If the women do not, they are looked at and frowned upon, or they are considered prostitutes. Offred went through plenty emotion stress thinking about her pre-Gilead life. I do not think that suicide is ever the answer to troubles. However, I do not blame the women that did kill themselves after everything they have been put through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home