STS-Summer I

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chapter 10: The Sexual Revolution

This chapter was very interesting. The writer posed a theory that seems extremely credible and believable. However, I did not see any of the methodology that the writer himself said are essential to any theory. Has he decided to go lax on the rules of scientific methodology? Does he expect us to just simply believe his theory?

This chapter is a great example of why scientific methodology is important in trying to create theories. And honestly, I think the writer should take his own advice.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger T. F. said...

I thought I should mention this again, because it seems to be a recurrent theme--these readings were selected to give us things to think about rather than to establish the authors' claims as "the truth." While there is often quite a bit of truth in them, our main concern is to examine the relationship between technology and science and society. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home