STS-Summer I

Friday, June 08, 2007

Ender's Game

This was a pretty fascinating book. I've never gotten into science fiction much, but this just might have converted me. I really liked the idea of child geniuses and how Ender and his siblings were so amazingly smart. Colonel Graff made Ender work hard for everything, even something as simple as making friends, from the very beginning. Putting him in complete isolation like that and then seeing him come out and interact with people and become a leader was awesome. He had great command over his soldiers from the time he became a leader, and after he went to Command School and killed off the bugger race, I thought it was awesome how the book ends with him wanting to start a new civilization for them. This kid is truly a genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home