STS-Summer I

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Chapter 18

I agree with some of the posts on "The Big Picture" about Darksyde's argument about creationism and the scientific theories of the beginning of the universe. I think in the scope of his essay he just kind of throws it out there. I think on a critical level this is one the things I've noticed about most of the writers in "Kosmo" is that thier essays are very unfocused at times and stray in so many directions. But being an English major and reading so many static and bland scholarly articles, I kind of thought reading in this style mentally liberating. Darksyde's best when he describes the wonders of the universe and is very articulate about how we are just a grain of sand in an infinately huge universe. As well, science all points back to that single event that created the Universe - "the Big Bang." It's almost impossible to wrap you head around the scale of the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home