STS-Summer I

Friday, May 26, 2006

Chapter 12, Shattered Skies

In chapter 12,shattered skies, I was amazed as the chapter developed. The chapter began and ended talking about a warm diet soda. I never thought of all the events that had to take place in order for us to a have a cold diet soda. Something so innocent to us, being behind the depletion of the ozone was surprising. The fact that it was 'Black Powder' that lead to cannons and guns which lead to piston powered engines which lead to cooling systems such as AC and refrigerators is just amazing to me. More so that all the good was at such a high price of deaths and environmental problems. I think that when the US came together to protect the ozone years ago, it showed the strength of the US. Now the US should not start to fail the earth by being relaxed on the laws that can save it from further disasters. The past shows that one small item can change some many lives and events, so I can only imagine the changes yet to come but at what cost to the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home